March 28, 2012

The Lord is Taking Me for a Long Ride This Week...

Wow, coming out of bloggy-hibernation has been difficult for me! Not that I don't want to post, but life threw a big curve at me, and I haven't even been to my own blog for almost a week. My husband's mother is in the hospital, I took her to the ER on Sunday evening and she has blood clots in both lungs. She got out of ICU today, and is in a "step down" unit now, PTL. Doing well. She will likely be discharged Friday, but not to home...she'll go to a rehab center for 2 to 3 weeks for PT and strength-building exercises. Then she will get out of there, but not to home...and this is a HUGE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS. She shouldn't have been living alone at home for many years now, but as the "in-law" my input carried no weight. But now it is clear to all that she should go to the lovely retirement center (not a nursing home, she can have her own apartment) that is just 2 minutes away from my house, and live there where she will be looked after well, and I can look in on her more often. Her house is a mess, and we have to sell it within 6 months to use the money from the sale to help pay for her new apartment. So, I've been cleaning...cleaning...cleaning...cleaning...and that's what I'll be doing for the next couple of weeks. PTL that she will be in rehab for 2 to 3 weeks, as it gives me time to cut through all the junk and get things organized! Would appreciate prayers.

FYI, Bryan is doing well in NY...he misses home, but loves the farm. Here are a few pics my dh snapped w/his cell phone camera when he dropped him off:










How I wish I was there! I miss him so much!


Leave a note...I love to hear from you!

Subscribe via email for blog updates: CLICK HERE to subscribe

6 comments:

PlainJane said...

Awww, it looks like you don't have too much time to miss Bryan too much. A busy lady indeed. Does your husband have siblings to help out with the clean-up too? I wish you the best and for a quick sale. It's nice to see Bryan's new digs. Wow, that is the biggest Great Pyrenees I have ever seen -- it looks like a polar bear! And the sheepy, yeah! And is that a lama I see? It looks like they are way out in the country all right. I love the lady's kitchen island too. Take care. Glad to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth. :)

Christine said...

Been thinking about you and praying for you, dear friend. I haven't called because I know you're busy, but that's my typical reaction. I may just call you anyway.

Love you.

C.

Jennifer Hoots said...

That's a huge job. I hope you have help! Glad to hear your son is doing well. Take care!

Phia said...

O Mrs. Havens, your mother-in-law has been in our prayers! PTL she's doing better! I had the very delightful pleasure of meeting your lovely parents yesterday! =)(I was helping Meghan out with cleaning =) See you on Sunday!

DoleValleyGirl said...

Will keep you in my prayers!! What a busy season you're in, Lori, but then isn't it just like the Lord to give you something to keep you busy while your son is away? So glad to hear he's enjoying the internship. :)

Take care, my friend!

~Lisa

Wendy said...

Wow, Lori, you do have a lot on your plate. That's no small project to be downsizing and moving for someone else. May the Lord give you strength, patience, and wisdom in this process! I'm sure she'll be so glad to have that close.

By the way, it's so nice to have you back blogging. :-) Even if you can't post often, it's good to keep up.

God bless you, friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...