December 12, 2011

Winding Down...


Aaaaaahhh...Monday morning. Finally!


Not words I would typically speak, especially coupled with a post title of "Winding Down." But today is a nice Monday morning for me. It's the Monday morning after a weekend of hosting. We had a Ladies' Christmas Tea on Friday, and then our monthly all-church fellowship gathering yesterday following services. It's LOTS of fun! We clean up (a team effort) pretty quickly on Sunday night, after the guests have gone home and before bed, so there's no mess to wake up to. 
So it's nice to wake up Monday morning, pour a cup of coffee, and just listen to the quiet for a while. I am done "hosting" now for the season, other than a small family dinner on Christmas Day, not much more than any other Sunday. I am officially "winding down." It's a lovely feeling!

I got up today at 6:30am to give Bryan a good breakfast and a loving send-off to the college this morning. It is the first day of "Finals Week" there, and he is taking three exams today. It is his biggest exam day of the week. He has tests tomorrow and Wednesday, too; then he'll work (he's a student assistant for one of his professors) on Thursday (no tests to take, just helping to grade tests this time), and on Friday he has a luncheon and evaluation time for his role as a Student Ambassador at the college. Then he'll be on vacation! So we figure that by Wednesday, when the last exam question is answered, he'll be "winding down."

Nathan has a normal school week with the exception of a final exam on Wednesday for the Calculus course he takes at the college. He also takes a computer programming course there, but I believe they did a "final project" this last week, rather than an exam, so I think that's done. Like Bryan, after the exam on Wednesday, he will be "winding down."

The only thing that isn't yet winding down is the knife sharpening business. That old phone is still ringing (it just rang now, in fact!) so I'll need to rouse myself to start returning the weekend's worth of email and phone inquiries, and set up appointments for customers. Thanksgiving was really busy, with everyone cooking so much, but we seem to be pretty steady even now with calls. That's a blessing for Bryan's future farm...cuz it's going to take a lot of cash to get that started!

I wish you peace and joy this Monday morning, my friends!




Leave a note...I love to hear from you!

Subscribe via email for blog updates: CLICK HERE to subscribe

8 comments:

Chasity said...

I love Mondays!!! When husband was a senior pastor, we always took Mondays off. With hubby always being in ministry the weekends are always full, so I enjoy Mondays to get back to a quiet routine.
So glad you are getting to the "Winding down" time. I wish your sons well on finals.
Hope you have a wonderful time of rest and relaxation.
Be blessed,
Chasity

Maria said...

Mondays are great because you start fresh and new :-) So glad that this one is turning out to be calming.

Maria

Phia said...

It was such a lovely evening last night, Mrs. Havens! I greatly enjoyed it. =)

Illinois Lori said...

It was wonderful to have you there, Sophia! I'm glad you had a good time, we did too! :-)

Canadagirl said...

I am so happy you are getting to unwind. What a blessing that is! I was hoping the BIG family dinner was going to be held at my BIL's this year but alas that fell apart and I am back to hosting it. So...that means I will be working hard at getting things ready for it. I wished things would just stay clean after I clean it. [o;

Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary

Wendy said...

Ah...wish I was there. Not yet. Just got packages mailed today and tomorrow I'm in charge of a Ladies Christmas Tea. I'm thinking by the weekend I'll maybe have that winding-down cup of coffee.

Hope you have a lovely before-Christmas couple of weeks!

Blessings,
Wendy

DoleValleyGirl said...

Such a blessing to "unwind!" I'm deep in the thick of busy-ness as I'm not only preparing for our holiday celebrations but also am in charge of a wedding reception this Friday evening. Say a prayer for me if the Lord brings me to mind. :) Thanks!

Blessings in HIM,

Lisa :)

Tamara ♥ said...

Well...I'm a bit late since I'm responding to your Monday post on nearly a Friday, but it is a blessing to unwind.

I've been wound up tightly this week -- lying in bed -- but the Father is faithful in meeting all my needs.

May your weekend be as pleasant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...